One of my favorite features in Mac OS X is the Dock because it is like a “hub” for quick access to my frequently used applications. It can be even more helpful when you add folders and files to it. Since I often times need to open applications, I added my applications folder to my dock. Here’s how to add folders and files into your dock:
- Open up Finder.
- Go to the Applications folder.
- At the very top of the Finder window, you should notice a small folder icon that says “Applications”.
- Click and drag that into the Dock.
- The trick is that you place the folder to the left of that “split-line” in the Dock.
- Once the folder is in the Dock, I suggest you right-click on the folder so you can navigate faster through the folder.
- You can also add your Home folder, Documents, Music, Pictures, Movies, and other folders or files into the Dock as well.