With iChat 4.0, you now have the ability to share screens with your friends, add Photo Booth effects to your video chats, send SMS messages to cell-phones, record video chats, “present” your files with iChat theater, and much more. The other day, I stumbled across a neat feature where you can customize how your chat message windows look. Here’s how:
- Open up iChat.
- Once it’s open, start a chat with someone.
- Right-click on the message window, and you can now change how your messages look.
- You can change the message “bubbles” to boxes, compact, or text.
- You can change the buddy icon so it shows their name, picture, or have both.
- You can also change the background to any image/color you want.