Many new users who have just switched over to the Mac, probably realized there is no apparent right-click feature. There is a right-click feature for Macs, it justs takes a few simple steps and then you can start right-clicking.
Right-Clicking On A Portable Mac
- Open up System Preferences.
- Go to the Keyboard & Mouse preference pane.
- Go to the Trackpad section.
- Look for an option under “Trackpad Gestures” that says “Tap trackpad using two fingers for secondary click”.
- Now, all you have to do in order to right-click, is tap the trackpad with two fingers and the right-click drop-down menu will appear.
- If you would like, you can use the Control key while you click with the click button (on the trackpad) and it will serve as the same feature.
Right-Clicking On A Desktop Mac
- If your Mac came with a Mighty Mouse, you should be able to use the right-click button on the mouse.
- If your Mac came with a mouse (that doesn’t have a right-click feature) just hold down the Control key as you click and the right-click drop-down menu will appear.
- My suggestion is that you just buy a Mighty Mouse or a mouse that has a right-click button on it.