Many families have more than one iPod synced with their computer. It can be hard to manage multiple iPods assuming there are different tastes of music in the family. To solve this, you can either create multiple user accounts or you can create a new library for iTunes:
- To create a new user account, open up System Preferences.
- Click on the Accounts preference pane.
- In the Accounts preference pane, click the lock in the bottom left corner to access your settings.
- Once you have done that, click on the plus sign right above the lock.
- In the drop-down, type in the username and password for the new user account and then click on Create Account.
- To create a new library for iTunes, hold down the Option key as you open up iTunes.
- You will be prompted with a window asking you to Quit, Create Library, or Choose Library.
- Select Create Library and choose a location to save the library contents.