Many Mac users like having the dock show up for convenience and for looks. I on the other hand, don’t prefer to have to dock showing because it takes up too much of the screen space in applications. So, what I did was hide the dock and make full screen windows so there were no distractions from the dock.
- To hide the dock, open up System Preferences.
- Go to the Dock preference pane once System Preferences loads up.
- In the Dock preference pane, click on ‘Automatically hide and show the Dock’.
- Now, open up any application.
- In the applications window, you should see three small red, yellow, and green buttons in the top left corner and three small lines in the bottom right corner.
- Clicking the green button will enlarge the window.
- Use the 3 lines at the bottom right corner of the window and drag the window in place if needed.