Recently, I was making a video in iMovie with pictures and titles. I prefer iMovie instead of iDVD when I need to add titles and Ken Burns effects. The only problem that I was faced with was to make the iMovie project work on a DVD. There is no visible way to do this, but with a few work-arounds anything is possible. Here’s how:
- With your project opened in iMovie, go to the Share menu and choose Media Browser.
- In the window that appears, select “Large” so it will be displayed at its best quality.
- When the movie has been uploaded to the Media Browser, open up iDVD.
- In the pop-up window that appears, click on “Create a New Project”.
- Enter a name and save the iDVD project to a location.
- Once your in iDVD, click on the “Media” button in the bottom right corner of the window.
- Click on the “Movies” tab at the top and select your movie project under the iMovie section.
- When you’re sure that you have everything ready, insert a blank DVD-R disc and choose “Burn DVD” from the File menu.
- Done! That wasn’t too hard was it?