These are some useful search tips for using Google’s search engine. There are lots more, but for now I’m just going to share a few that I find the most useful.
Searching For Free MP3’s
- Type in
"index of" "mp3" "boston"
(replace boston with any artist name or song).
- Choose one of the results in Google that is most relevant to the artist or song.
- When you see the page load with all of the “.mp3” files, right-click on the one you want and choose “Download Linked File” from the contextual menu.
- You can convert volumes, currencies, and more using Google’s search bar.
- If you want to convert a volume 5 liters to milliliters, type in
"5 l to ml". Hit the “Return” key and you will get instant results.
- For converting currencies type in the number of what currency you have and then which currency you want to convert it to. For example
"5 pesos to euros".
- By typing in
"define:"and then placing a term after the colon, Google will list all possible definitions for the term.
Getting The Time
- To get the time in major US cities as well as your own, type
"what time is it"or just
"time"in the Google search bar.
- To quickly see how a stock is doing, type in the stock symbol (ex:
"AAPL") and you will see a graph along with the highs and lows for the day