As I was watching an episode of MacBreak, I was amazed at how Terminal’s window was black with green text. I know how geeky these colors are, but somehow they really look good when put together. To make your Terminal window colors look like this or even another color:
- Go to Applications > Utilities > Terminal.
- Once in Terminal, go to Terminal > Window Settings…
- Then, a window will pop-up called Terminal Inspector.
- In the first drop-down menu, click on Color.
- If you want to take the shortcut, go to the Custom drop down menu and choose green on black.
- Now, if you are satisfied with that, then that’s fine, but I think that Terminal looks much better when transparent.
- On the bottom of this Terminal Inspector window, you’ll see Transparency with a scroll lever.
- Choose how transparent you want Terminal to look, I put it a little over the fifth little hash mark.
- To keep these settings, make sure to click Use Settings as Defaults.